Forklift maintenance in Lafayette, LA is an important aspect of forklift ownership and operation. To deliver reliable forklift service in Lafayette, LA, it often helps to enter into a forklift maintenance contract.
If you’re unfamiliar with these contracts, use the following overview to learn how they can benefit you and your business. For more information, contact George’s Lift Truck Service, LLC:
- Budget assistance: Equipment repairs can be quite costly. Without a maintenance plan, forklifts can easily take your budget off track. By using a maintenance contract, you encounter few surprises. You have budgeted ahead of time to maintain your equipment. This is a proactive solution that will keep your expenses within budget.
- Longevity: Proper forklift maintenance will help extend the life of the equipment. A maintenance contract keeps your forklift in top shape year-round through regular maintenance and inspection methods. This is the best way to make your equipment last as long as possible.
- Resale value: If a forklift is well maintained, it has better resale value. Potential buyers will see that the machine has been under a maintenance contract, which will reassure them that the equipment is well tuned. Because the forklift has undergone regular maintenance, it will fetch a better price if resold.
- Reliability: If a forklift is not operational, this results in downtime. Lost production can be costly, so it’s important to take steps to prevent this. A maintenance contract can make your forklift more reliable, so you don’t suffer from unexpected downtime.
- Reminders: Your forklift maintenance contract includes reminders for when your forklift needs service. You won’t miss important maintenance steps, because you’ll automatically receive reminders of these dates.
- Simplification: If you don’t have a maintenance contract for your forklift service in Lafayette, LA, you have to endure a more complicated process every time you need service. You must contact a technician, get a quote, review quotes and bids, decide what repairs to complete and then arrange for the repairs and pay for them. To simplify this process, use a maintenance contract. All processes and prices are established up front, so your forklift maintenance in Lafayette, LA is simple, every time.
Potential drawbacks of forklift maintenance contracts
The main drawback of forklift maintenance contracts is the lack of coverage for accidents. If your operator abuses or misuses the machinery and an incident occurs, any repairs needed are not covered by your maintenance contract. However, you may be able to receive training resources through your maintenance contract to help prevent these situations. Additionally, some maintenance contracts may cover accidents for up to a certain amount.
If you’re considering a maintenance plan to cover your forklift maintenance in Lafayette, LA, contact the team at George’s Lift Truck Service, LLC. We specialize in forklifts, scissor lifts and pallet jacks. Our team has been serving the area with top equipment since 1969. We are happy to answer any questions you have about forklift maintenance or help you find a maintenance contract that meets all your forklift service needs. Reach out to us today to learn more.
This post was written by Writer