Forklifts are designed to provide durability and performance, but all forklifts will have to be replaced eventually. If your forklift is showing signs of wear and tear, but you’re not sure whether it’s time for forklift replacement in Lafayette, LA, look out for some common indicators that forklift replacement may be necessary. Taking these factors into consideration will make the decision a lot more straightforward and allow you to ensure you’re getting the most from your investment in material handling equipment:
- Forklift age: A forklift’s age is important to consider when deciding whether it’s time for replacement. Forklifts typically last six to seven years before parts begin to fail and systems start breaking down. If your forklift is more than six years old and it’s starting to have problems, it might be time to replace it with a newer model. This is especially important if your forklift has old or outdated safety features and functionalities.
- Repair history: Pay attention to the repair history of your forklift to determine whether issues are becoming more frequent. While it’s common for forklifts to require some one-off repairs due to normal wear and tear, frequent repairs can become costly and might be less cost-effective than replacing the forklift altogether. Calculate the amount of money that you’ve put into the forklift for repairs, and estimate whether repairing your broken forklift would be more expensive than replacing it in the long run.
- Performance: Downtime is costly for any business, and you don’t want to have to wait around for your forklift when it isn’t working properly. If you’re dealing with inconsistent performance, it’s a good idea to replace your forklift to avoid the costs associated with downtime.
- Maintenance history: In addition to repair history, you should also take the maintenance history of a forklift into consideration. A well-maintained forklift will last longer and encounter fewer issues than a forklift that hasn’t been serviced routinely. If your forklift hasn’t been maintained according to the manufacturer’s recommendations, forklift replacement in Lafayette, LA might be the more practical option when issues start to come up. When you do invest in a new forklift, make sure to stay on track with regular maintenance and routine service to protect your investment and avoid costly repairs down the line.
- Shifting demands: Even if your forklift is in fair condition, it might be time to invest in forklift replacement in Lafayette, LA if your needs are changing. If you find that your current forklift doesn’t have the capacity or functionalities you need to complete all of your tasks and fulfill orders, it’s probably time to upgrade to a newer model that can accommodate your needs.
Forklift replacement in Lafayette, LA
If you’re ready to retire your old forklift, reach out to George’s Lift Truck Service, LLC for help with forklift replacement in Lafayette, LA. We have an extensive inventory of quality equipment, including new and used options. Whether you’re looking for something to replace a retired piece of material handling equipment or you want to upgrade to something bigger and better, we are here to help you find exactly what you’re looking for. Stop by or give us a call to find out more about what we can do for you.
Categorised in: Forklift Dealer
This post was written by Writer