Fitting your forklift with the right tires can make all the difference in your machine’s performance. The secret is knowing whether to choose a cushion forklift or a pneumatic forklift in Lafayette, LA.
To determine which of these options is likely to be the best solution for your forklift needs, use the following comparison. You can also contact the experts at George’s Lift Truck Service, LLC if you need additional information.
- Setting: Tires for pneumatic forklifts in Lafayette, LA are typically used for outdoor settings. The tires feature deep treads and durable material that provide the durability they need for tough outdoor sites.
- Maneuverability: This type of tire offers greater ground clearance than cushion forklifts in Lafayette, LA. This makes them better suited for maneuvering on rough surfaces such as gravel.
- Materials: Some pneumatic forklift tires are rubber, and crafted so the solid exterior rubber surrounds a steel band. However, most pneumatic forklift tires are filled with air. If you will be working on a site with a lot of debris, the solid type is a good choice, since it can withstand punctures from sharp objects.
- Cost: Pneumatic forklifts in Lafayette, LA usually cost more than cushion forklifts. This is due to their size. However, as you shop, keep in mind that this type of tire offers flexibility to work on a wide range of surfaces, so they may be worth the extra cost.
- Setting: Tires for cushion forklifts in Lafayette, LA are usually chosen for indoor work settings. They operate best on smooth surfaces. You can use them on asphalt, but not for heavy-duty applications.
- Maneuverability: This type of forklift offers a smaller turning radius. This makes it an ideal choice for distribution centers, warehouses and loading docks. They also fit into a smaller frame, so they are better for navigating narrow aisles.
- Materials: Cushion forklift tires are made of a metal band surrounded by smooth, solid rubber. Since they contain more rubber than pneumatic tires, they provide a smoother ride for the forklift operator. They also tend to last longer than pneumatic tires.
- Cost: Cushion forklift tires are typically more affordable than pneumatic. However, they do not offer the same degree of traction.
An important point to note as you compare these two types of tires is their incompatibility. You cannot use both pneumatic tires and cushion tires on the same forklift. The machines are designed to use one type or the other, so you cannot switch between the two for use in different settings.
Get more answers
George’s Lift Truck Service, LLC provides forklift, scissor lift and pallet jack rentals with transportation to your job site. We also specialize in repairs of most types of forklifts and other similar equipment. Family owned and operated since our founding in 1969, we are your local professional source for forklifts. Contact us today with any questions about cushion forklifts in Lafayette, LA or any other forklift needs. We look forward to assisting you soon.
Categorised in: Forklift Tires
This post was written by Writer